HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR DATA:
The purpose of this policy is to explain to you the personal information we collect and how we may use it. We are the controller of any personal information which you provide to us which means that we decide the purposes and means of the processing of that personal information.
How we obtain and store your information
We obtain your information through applications, emails, cookies and conversations when registering for our services and during the course of our relationship.
We may monitor (and maintain a record of) all emails and electronic communications sent by or to us.
The safekeeping of your personal data is very important to us. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us to prevent unauthorised access.
What personal information we process
We may process the following types of personal information:
- contact details/email address
- age/ date of birth
- social media user names
- JeaFx website user names and passwords
- Telegram user names
- Broker account number
- information about your use of our services, products and facilities.
Using your personal information
As well as checking your identity, the personal information held by JeaFx may be used for:
- complying with legal and regulatory obligations
- performing our obligations under any contract we have with you
- resolving queries or issues for you
- establishing/managing your account
- reviewing your ongoing needs
- providing you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- checking your instructions to us
- investigating any complaint that you may make
- providing evidence in any dispute or anticipated dispute between you and us
- recovering amounts payable
- enhancing customer service and products
- undertaking product development and analysis
- protecting the security of our website and our users by detecting or preventing fraud or other crimes.
Where you have consented to direct marketing, we may send you marketing material from time to time by post, email, telephone, SMS or other electronic messaging services.
We may share your personal information with:
- any regulatory or tax authority to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- any third parties as we reasonably consider necessary in order to prevent crime
- our introducing brokers and other commercial partners
- courts, tribunals, regulatory or tax authorities and government agencies to enable us to enforce our agreement with you or to comply with the requirements of a court, regulator, tax authority or government agency
You should also be aware that when personal information is voluntarily disclosed (i.e. your name, e-mail address, etc.) in the members Telegram or other public areas on the Site(s) – that information, along with any information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties.
Generally, we require that organisations outside our associated companies with whom we share your personal information acknowledge the confidentiality of your data, undertake to respect your right to privacy and comply with the data protection principles and this policy.
The purpose of data collection and analysis
We also gather information relating to you and your online behaviour:
- to help improve our website, to give you a good user-friendly experience and to personalise your use & communications to you
- to help us monitor, support and improve the performance of our site (by analysing your use and experience of our site)
- to help us understand more about you and the products and services you use and are interested in
- to tailor the online advertising you receive.
Knowing more about you helps us to understand our customers better, and means we can give you recommendations about products and services you may be interested in, and provide you with relevant advertising and customised communications that are of interest to you.
We combine information that you provide to us with information that is publicly available and/or that we receive from third parties such as advertisers and/or other reputable sources who have obtained your permission to do so, or have otherwise explained to you that this may happen.
How long will we retain personal information?
We shall hold information about you on electronic and/or paper files whilst you are a customer. We will safely destroy any information we deem to be unnecessary as and when this is the case but we may keep personal information on file for at least six years after you cease to be a customer, in order to comply with anti-money-laundering laws amongst other legal obligations
Correcting or amending your information
You have the right the amendment of inaccurate personal information concerning you. If you tell us that the personal information we hold on you is incorrect, we will review it and correct our records.